Budget Update- OUSD
- Major hole in the budget/ $30 million
- Possible eventual budget freeze
- We get less $ than other schools so we will have less to lose.
- With ousd’s troubles do we want to get in front of it by asking now…like for the auction
- So that people are aware…a gentle ask???
- A round up of the fall…looking toward the spring?
- We don’t want to make it sound too bad though as we feel that we are doing ok.
Budget YTD Actuals-
- Things are on track.
- We will end up in a hole, but we thought that would happen.
- When creating the budget for next year, maintenance
- & classroom supply may go away. One or both.
- Grant # should go up
- Expenses-Art might be up. Everything else is on track
- Computer supplies- we spent a lot for new teachers & new classroom
- All were legitimate purposes.
- Maintenance is about the copier. And the contract is complicated.
Auction Update ---
- March 18
- Humanist hall
- 80 corporate donations already
- Need canvassers to get the donations because that will increase what we get.
- Christy Pierce is running the pay to plays
- We have a parent caterer
- We will need data entry help.
- Hopefully there will be some outside activities weather permitting
- Need cash box and square.
- Less emphasis on day trip type things & of items that are very specific, i.e.size 8 boots, etc.
- Emphasize local restaurants, local services because they sell.
- There will be an online element.
- Online will stop when the live auction begins.
- There is less physical space at this venue.
- We will put up posters along college ave.
- On the auction website…we will give thanks to those who have donated big.
- Thinking forward for next year…Secretaries
- We ask that people replace themselves.
- Long term….how do we get the info out there? To get a wider group. We don’t always know who to ask.. Incoming families have less time but perhaps more money. So what do we pay for verses ask people for their time?
- How can we put hours to the specific jobs?
- It is harder to find one person for a job because people just don’t have the time.
- Could we do a volunteer fair in the fall and spring?
- Transition period is different for every role.
De-linking Peralta Safety Patrol from OPD
- Program is administrated by alameda and opd
- There are lots of things that are not what we want…hierarchy and it is very competitive. Lots of paperwork at the beginning of the year.
- Talking about not being part of it. Stream line paperwork. And have the values we want …volunteerism, responsibility,, etc.
- Keep some of the components that the kids like…prizes etc. what budget would we need. Couple of hundred $$.
- Kids are covered through program. Parent crossing guards are not covered.
- What are the liability issues if we separate from opd?
- We would need to come up with a rewards system.
New Superintendent Search?
- Do we want to say something?
Feb PPTG Agenda
- *Gender Spectrum Film-
- This is the premiere of the film so there could be a lot of people.
- How much outside publicity do we want to do?
- Link to other pptg heads?
- Discussion after with film makers.
- Push to alumni
- It is a teaching film. Likely that others would be interested in coming too.
- *Budget update-a few points, keep it simple.
- *Do we want to highlight auction volunteer roles? Yes
- *Potential check in on volunteer roles
Hosts for future LC Mtgs:
- No scheduled events for Fri. Jan. 20-school as usual
- Rat update – we’ve got’em, the exterminators are coming back again
- In the office
- Ms Vollmer’s class