Your Donations Help Peralta Thrive
The Peralta Parent Teacher Group (PPTG) organizes events that build relationships, maintain our facilities, and raise money to support our many programs that our district is unable to fund: music, sports, the library, mental health counseling, kindergarten aides, and others.
Some of our biggest fundraisers are a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. They include high-profile events like the Walkathon, the Auction, the quilt raffle and Peralta In Bloom. The fall's Peralta Fund drive, when we ask every family to contribute at a level they feel comfortable with, generates the most income. But even the small amounts that come from the various shopping programs and t-shirt sales help the PPTG support the school and our students.
Donate to The Peralta Fund
The Peralta Fund Drive is our first and most important fundraiser of the year. Every family is asked to make a monetary donation — large or small — to support the school. Past donations range from one-time $10 donations to over $250 monthly. Last year, 83% of our families dug deep and made a contribution. The Peralta Fund Drive kicks off on the first day of school, and 80% participation is our goal. We encourage families to consider automatic monthly contributions if that is possible for you. Donate Here during the Peralta Fund Drive, or at any time during the year.
Peralta participates in a wide range of programs that earn “free” money money for the school. You don’t have to do much outside of what you already are doing, yet these small actions could bring in thousands of dollars for our school. Kids love to participate: they can turn in items (box tops, labels, etc) from the programs below to the “treasure” box in the courtyard by the Lost and Found.
- Amazon - Click this Shop Amazon.com for Peralta link to go shop at Amazon.com, and about 6% of your purchase will go back to Peralta! (Up to 10% if enough purchases are made.) Remember to come to peraltaschool.org first to generate a big donation back to your school!
- AmazonSmile - If remembering to use the above link is too much, you can also go to smile.amazon.com and designate "Peralta Parent Group Inc." as your cause to support. For each eligible item purchased, 0.5% of the cost will be donated to the PPTG. But, why would you do that when you can give 6%+ back to the school by simply clicking this Shop Amazon.com for Peralta link?! 6%+!!
- Box Tops for Education - Clip those pink 10¢ Box Tops coupons from hundreds of products. On the Box Tops for Education site, you can get a list of eligible products, and print coupons to save even more. Turn in box-tops to the “treasure” box in the courtyard by the Lost and Found.
- eScrip - Register your merchant cards and credit/debit cards at www.escrip.com to earn rewards for the school automatically. Or, go to shopping.escrip.com to find on-line deals at various stores and travel sites. A huge number of merchants (including Safeway, Macy’s, Home Depot) will contribute 1% or more of your purchases to the school. For example, Safeway returns up to 4% for registering your club card, and you can use the eScrip mall to shop at the Apple Store with an education discount and get 1.5% back for the school.
- Berkeley Bowl - On Brewing Community days, the PPTG will be selling $100 Scrip for Berkeley Bowl. For each scrip purchased, about $4 goes to PPTG. (Only cash accepted.)
- SportsBasement - Register in-store to be a Basementeer and select Peralta Elementary as your school to get 10% off for you and 10% to go to the school! (Discount does not apply to Rentals, labor charges, special orders, or ski-lift tickets.) After registering in-store, you can then visit the SportsBasement website and click SB Basementeer Online Activation to enable your membership for online purchases.
- Cole Hardware - Mention the school's name, phone number, or Community Partner number (#21595) when checking out and 10% of the purchase will be added to a gift card given to the school annually. More info on the Cole Hardware website.
- Mary Kay - Enter the word PERALTA in the Comments section of Ms. Bandy's Mary Kay site, and 20% of all purchases will go to Peralta!
- The Target RedCard program for education was, sadly, discontinued.
The PPTG is an entirely volunteer-driven organization, so there are many opportunities to support the school with your time and effort. Check out the PPTG Roles and Directory for volunteer leadership positions, or complete our Volunteer Survey if you are a Peralta parent looking for a way to help, or contact our Volunteer Chair if you have specific questions. Here are our biggest volunteer opportunities of the year:
- Walkathon (October) - On a Sunday in October, hundreds of kids put on their walking shoes and trek around the blocks surrounding Peralta. In order to make this go smoothly, we need a large number of parents to serve as safety monitors, run the bakesale, hand out prizes, and more! More information here.
- Auction (March) - The Peralta Auction is a silent and live auction where bidders win gift certificates to cultural events, restaurants, and camps; services and classes; as well as art, jewelry and Peralta community crafts. This is both a fundraiser and social event! Lots of help will be needed to make it a success. Many volunteers are needed to help the Auction run smoothly, in addition to making and soliciting donations of items for the Auction. More info about last year's auction here.
- Peralta In Bloom Spring Festival (May) - The Peralta In Bloom spring festival is a celebration of our school and the larger community. On a Saturday in May, Peralta will throw open its doors and party with a wildly popular cakewalk (you need to learn about this!), a near-famous barbecue, a climbing wall, carnival games, and live entertainment. This event is all about providing a fantastic day for the kids and neighbors and it also makes money to support the school. Over a hundred parent volunteers are needed! More Information here.
- Salad Bar (throughout school year) - Did you know that Peralta's Salad Bar provides much needed fresh fruits and veggies to go along with the school lunch? That said, we only have it because the parents and caregivers of this great school stock the bar and make it happen, Monday through Friday. Volunteering involves a 2 hour commitment (less if you hustle) from 11-1. Come once a week, twice a month, or even once a month. Please email Anthony Pulsipher directly if you want to join our team of salad slingers.
- Parents Nights Out (periodically, throughout school year) - Volunteer to help watch the kids, or donate to the PPTG and have a night to yourself.
Buy a Home, help Peralta!
Refer a home buyer or seller to Stephen Bloom, a Peralta parent and local Realtor. He then donates part of his fee from the sale to the PPTG — this could mean $2,000 for Peralta on a median-priced home. (It’s also a potential tax deduction for the seller!) Any Peralta parent, teacher, staff member, extended family or friend can take part. Call with any questions at 510-541-6728, or email Stephen directly.
Brewing Community : Drink Coffee, Eat Pastries, and Buy T-shirts!
Hang out at school after you drop off your kid first and third Fridays and enjoy donated coffee and pastries (from our friends at Cole Coffee, Philz, Peet's and La Farine). Donate what you want to pay for your treats — all proceeds go to the school. You can also buy a school mug to show your pride.