- Walk & Roll to school - Friday Nov 4
- Garden Work Day - Saturday, Nov 5, 9-1
- Diversity Dinner - Saturday, Nov 5, 5-8
- Puberty Education Parent Night - Monday, Nov 9, 6:30-7:30
- Prospective K Night - Wednesday, Nov 9, 6:30-7:30
- Veterans Day-No. School - Friday, Nov 11
- Teachers Thanksgiving Feast - Wednesday, Nov 16
- Brewing Community - Friday, Nov 18, 8:15-9:15
- Thanksgiving Break-No School - M-F, Nov 21-25
- Minimum Days - 11/28-12/2
- Kindergarten Tours - Wed-Thurs, Nov 16- Jan12
- December PPTG Meeting - Wednesday, Dec 7
- 242 walkers up 16 from last year
- 75% of kids
- $37,000 as of today
- net $35,000
- Volunteers please fill out surveys
Ice Cream party-
- Still need 6 volunteers
- Next Tuesday, Nov 8
4th grade report
- Ms. Ana & Ms. Killebrew
- The classes just did a play about growth mindset.
- Teaching about different ways to be smart.
- Poetry to represent through words. Telling the story of our learning through poetry.
- Personal narrative.
- Human brain
- Aquatic environments
- Living and non living creatures-designing experiments.
- A fair experiment, what is that?
- have to be able to talk about math not just do it
- Writing & California studies
- Creating their own museums
- Coming up with inventions.
- Weekend watering. Sound proofing-portable.
- Sketch-model. Prototype.
- Field study-
- Study of water. Gather data for scientific method in the sf bay.
- The bay such a big resource.
- Jr. coach friendship ambassador.
- Make sure new students feel welcome.
- Make sure all students feel good in the outdoor space.
- Teachers need help with multimedia. Professional development
- Need help centralizing some of the computer stuff.
- They get equipment but teachers don’t know how to use the stuff.
- Ms. Susan got a grant that provided 4 Ipad minis but it is hard to share 4 amongst the class. If anyone has an old one that they don’t need she would love to have it.
Pick Up/ Drop off safety zone
- Parent volunteers and 4th & 5th grade do the drop off zone so please use it.
- North St. a pedestrian entrance only.
Can we have anything organized for pick up?
- 4:30 to 8:00 Saturday, November 5.
- Dress in cultural attire.
- Bring a dish.
- Henna. Dancing. Scavenger Hunt. Photo booth. DJ
- We need volunteers.
- Initial set up, Clean up, etc.
Racial Justice Study group-
- Jonathan, 1st grade parent.
- Within our district there are inequalities for students depending on where they live, economy, etc.
- Want to meet once a month to explore these issues. How can we responsibly take action within community, family, school. What can we do to help kids?
It would be great to have some workshops/speakers on this topic at PPTG meetings as well.
Mosaic: Scheduling Conflict
- Recap-what is mosaic?
- Weeklong camp. 3 different schools go each week.
- Conflict resolution.
- 1st there was no teacher support-now there is
- 2nd didn’t budget for it-but it could work
- 3rd scheduling issue-
- There is not enough space for both classes.
- One of the weeks was during sbac and another during memorial day weekend
- We will plan on doing it next year. Budget for it. Ideal to do it in the fall.
- Each of the decisions that was made was made with the info we had.
- 5th grade teachers looking for another smaller experience for this current year.