- Sat, Dec 10 – 9am-1pm Garden Work Day
- Hosted by the 1st Grade Class- Bring the kids to play. Bring your gloves. Fruit tree trimming party
- Wed-Thurs, Dec 14-15 – Mrs Meyer Bookstore
- Wrappers needed for Thursday
- Collecting donations
- Fri, Dec 16 – 8:15am-9:15am Brewing Community
- PEACE Potluck/Celebration
- Dec 19-Jan 2 – NO SCHOOL Winter Break
- PEACE will be open Dec 19-21/26-27 if 20 kids sign up (no food provided, pack in lunch/snacks)
- Nov 16-Jan 12 – Kindergarten tours
- Still looking for tour guides
Incoming Kindergarteners – Enroll NOW through OUSD
- Options Window Dec 5- Jan 20
- ALL Incoming students must apply. Applications can be dropped off at OUSD (746 Grand Ave) or at Peralta.
No January PPTG meeting this year
5th grade teachers//Ms McGuire and Ms Larranaga
- Decimals/fractions in math
- Investigations with supporting evidence in science: Thoughtful writing to support observations.
- Social Studies: American history beginning with pre-Columbian times and geography. Salt dough maps of the US/reading non-fiction texts. Lots of collaborative research.
- Book Clubs: 3-4 kids in each group that were kid organized and led.
- Age of Exploration Unit: Reading lots of non-fiction texts culminating in written journals imagining what it was like to cross the ocean in search of land.
School Performance Framework//Jean Wing from OUSD
- SPF is replacing the API (Academic Performance Index) that was based on standardized tests. The SPF is released once a year that is reflective of many aspects of a school’s strengths and weaknesses including 4 main values: Whole Child; Impact; Equity; and College, Career and Community Ready.
- For more in-depth info there is a technical manual available
- www.ousddata.org for more district data
- Travel safe. Budgeting budgeting. Chatter out there is there might be cut-backs. Enrollment should stay the same (about 319 kids). New teachers are happy, collaborative and feeling supported. PPTG is funding Bakesale Betty sandwiches for the teachers next week.