- Garden Work Day - Saturday, Aug 13
- Need lots of families to come help put out wood chips and do general sprucing to get ready for start of school.
- We are in process of hiring a new garden manager. (Ms. Gabby will still work with the PEACE program in the garden)
- Incoming Family Playdates – Colby Park -Aug 6, 7, 13 – open to all incoming families
- Incoming Families Orientation- Saturday, August 20, 3:00-5:00p.m.
- First Day of School – August 22
- Minimum Days Week - August 22-26 - 1:30 pick up
- Back to School Night - Thursday, Sept 1
- Limited Childcare at Back to School Night: Please make other arrangements
- 6:30-7:45 – a great way to get to know your kid’s class schedule and teacher
- No School Monday Sept 5th - Labor Day
- Next PPTG Meeting - Wed., Sept 7 - Come out and learn more about volunteer needs for the upcoming year
Personnel Changes – New Teachers
We have four new teachers – 2nd, 3rd and both 5th grade classes. Rosette is very excited about the new staff members.
Classes for this year will be two per grade, with the exception of a 1st/2nd split class.
Mr. Davis has moved into Ms. Arbogast’s old room to allow 2nd grades to be co-located
PEACE Changes – Early Care
This was an EBAC decision because we didn’t meet required minimum of 7 committed families each month.
8:20 is when yard is supervised, so please do not drop children off before then
We ended last year with a $45K surplus – owing primarily to increased Peralta Fund giving and corporate matching.
New budget items - $15K for copier maintenance, $15K to set up new classrooms for new teachers. Loss of Title 1 funding means we get less money from OUSD so Rosette asked PPTG to pick up copier maintenance so she can use her funds for other things.
Mentors were given a raise this year.
Spent $0 in earthquake supplies last year, but have funds in budget to replace items that expire (food, etc)
Peralta Fund starts up at the beginning of school. Ryann will need a speaker per classroom to talk about the fund at Back to School night.
- Peralta Pride – t-shirt sales plus program expansion of how we show pride in our school
- Auction co-chairs
- Yahoo group moderator
Incoming Families Parties
Parties will be Aug 27, 28; Sept 10-11 – inc oming families can sign up at the Orientation or by emailing Emma.
We could use a few ‘rising’ 1st grade families to help with the parties (all hosts are secured)